Thursday, July 5, 2012

Why You Gotta Be So Mean?

So recently I was at a gathering with friends. I was introduced to this kid…lets call him Jake because that’s his name. Well the conversation came up about me having a missionary out and he turned to me and flat out said “You’re not going to make it.” I seriously had a double take at him because I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I said, “What did you just say?'”. He said that it’s just fact. It doesn’t happen. He got dear johned (to which I wish I would have replied ‘well I see why she did’), ‘so-and-so’ got dear johned and he was honestly just ripping me apart. He knows nothing about me or my relationship with Mike and he still insisted on being the biggest jerk. He kept reminding me about how long two years was and that the 3 years that I had already been with him was a waste. Really? You’re going to say that someone that you don’t even know or have any idea what is going on in their life? I don’t think that I have ever been bullied like that. Yes, Jake, you’re a bully. I couldn’t stand being around this kid and of course you can see why. It’s already hard enough having my other half and best friend half way around the world, you don’t need to make it worse. I’ve never had someone be so negative towards me when they find out that I have a missionary out. But ya know, the thing about me is that if you say I can’t do something, I’m just going to do everything I can to prove you wrong. Wanna know the best part about this? My mom was there as well and I told her everything that had happened with this kid and being the awesome mother that she is, what did she do? She confronted him. Haha. Yep! My mom went up to this kid and said, "Did you tell my daughter that she wouldn't be able to make it with her missionary?" He ashamingly said, "Yes..." My mom told him that it wasn't very nice and told him off for me. Mom, you're the best!!! :) <3

So to all those people who don’t think before letting words come out of their mouth or insist on crushing someone's feelings just so that you feel better, and to all you waiter haters.. Well..let my girl Taylor sing you a little song.

:) thank you for listening to me vent.

1 comment:

  1. Ew. EW! What a jerk-face-butt-head! Well I'll tell you what, you TOTALLY can do this. You have all sorts of great people pulling for you. :) Mr. Jerk-face probably had the hots for you and was hoping to pick you up. I, for one, am glad you find him a giant jerk. Love you Ashalee - hang in there. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete