Monday, March 5, 2012

Anything worth having, is worth waiting for..

Well! It's official. I guess I'm going to start becoming a blogger. Crazy I know, but I thought it would make time fly by. But let me first tell you the reason for my "Life While He's Gone" blog. The "He" in this instance happens to be the greatest guy in the world, Michael Christian Raines. Mike has been called to serve a mission in Warsaw, Poland for two years. He leaves April 18th 2012 (about a month away). Mike's decision to serve a mission came as a surprise to all. For the past 3 years that we have been dating,, a mission has not even crossed our minds. Well one day out of the blue I get a text that reads.. "Ash..I'm going to serve a mission." This was not a sentence I was ever expecting to hear (or see) from him. For the next few days I tried to be supportive but really on the inside I was livid. I thought, "Why is he doing this to me?" "How am I going to survive 2 years alone?". Well a couple weeks had past and after talking to Mike and praying about things I knew without a doubt that this is what should be happening in our lives at this moment. I know that the next two years are going to be tough but "Anything worth having, is worth waiting for." I just need to stay strong and... Well, wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. K... I totally crying now. And remember you will NEVER be alone, I am ALWAYS here. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J :) I really appreciate it. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete