Sunday, February 17, 2013

It’s Been 1 Year!

It’s seriously already been one year!?! Well, this is weird to say but that sure snuck up on me! Officially on February 8, 2012 is when Mike got his mission call. That is a day that I will never forget. I remember being super nervous, scared, excited, sad, happy and anxious all wrapped into one. It wasn’t until the moment I heard the words, “Warsaw Poland” that it truly set in that my best friend would be gone for 2 years. That I wouldn’t be able to text him, call him, or even see him. That the only way we could communicate would be through letters. I knew that I only had 2 months to spend with him and I was going to make each moment count.

Here’s a couple pictures from that day…

mikes mission call blurred out

 

michaels mission call (5)

Everyone's guesses

michaels mission call (11)

Dear Elder Michael Christian Raines,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Warsaw, Poland mission!!!!

michaels mission call (13)

 

michaels mission call (15)

My favorite picture of Mike and my nephews :)

Pictures from phone 273

 

IMG_1247

You’ve got that one thing <3

I’m so in love with this kid! There’s never been a doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. I’m grateful to have him in my life. I’m the luckiest girl in the world.

We’re that much closer to half way to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment