Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And so it begins..

Well! Here we go! DAY 1! and what a day it has been. It’s so crazy to me to think that he’s gone. My best friend is gone. Wow…not a concept I ever wanted to have to deal with. But! Through all the sadness and tears, I am so so proud of Michael. He is so excited and happy to serve the Lord. He’s such an amazing kid. I can’t imagine him not being in my life. Mike’s last day started with a big breakfast at the Raines house. It was delicious! Then Michael, Misty, Nicki, Cassie and I played a rousing game of Uno. The whole family started watching home videos of when the siblings were little. Can I just say Michael was thee most adorable little kid I have ever seen? I mean he was cute! Cubby little thing when he was little, high pitched voice when he was a pre-teen and now the most handsome young man ever? Yep that’s my boyfriend :) Well those couple hours of watching the home videos were full of laughs and great memories. I love the Raines family. They are my family. I love being with them. and I hope over these next few years I have lots more memories with them! Mike’s family had the idea to have everyone write him a letter and put it in a box to drop off at the MTC so there could be something for him when he unpacked his stuff. I really wish I could see his reaction with it but I’ll just have to hear stories. Mike’s mom and dad took him to the MTC while the rest of us all stayed at home.

OH! Let me show you my “replacement” Mike.

IMG_1351

IMG_1352

IMG_1357

This is what Mike gave to me before he left. Haha. It’s a body pillow that Mike drew a picture of himself on. So I can still hug him while he’s away. I love it. Mike’s just so clever and thoughtful :)

Also I bought myself this awesome pillow case!

IMG_1360

Mike’s goodbye was a lot easier than I expected. I thought I’d be in hysterical tears. But Mike told me something yesterday that stuck with me. It’s not goodbye. It’s just goodnight. I love Michael more than anything. This is what should be happening in my life. And in case anyone is wondering. Mike did not ask me to wait for him. We’re just going to see how things play out and we both just know that “Things Will Work Out”. Get ready Mike! Here comes the best 2 years!

2 comments:

  1. Mike will make ONE amazing missionary. We love him so much and are so proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa wants a visit with Pillow Mike. hahaha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete