Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You’re the best thing that’s ever been…

MINE!

YEP! He’s all mine and I just love him :D

September 17, 2012 6

How cute is he? :) EXTREMELY! especially in those glasses

Do you know what TODAY is!? TODAY IS MONTH 5!! WOOHOO! I’m soooo happy about that! That’s 20% of his mission done, gone, over with! and I will NEVER have to deal with them again! 154 days without the love of my life. How many people could say they’ve done that? Did I ever think that this day would come? No. No I did not. It honestly feels like sometimes that I’m never going to get to the finish line but on the inside I do know that it’s not true. Everyday comes and goes and one day will come when I will be filling in that last bubble on my countdown calendar and someday everything will make perfect sense. Until that day, I’ll laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and remind myself that everything happens for a reason.  

He’s the most fantastic missionary boyfriend EVER! He just makes me so happy! It’s crazy how someone 5,000 miles away can make me feel like the most important person in the world.

Four things that Mike wants me to get ready for is…

  1. A RIDICULOUSLY good looking man (Oh am I ready for that!)
  2. Someone who has really grown up
  3. Someone who loves the Gospel
  4. Someone who loves me :)

So here’s an update on what’s going on in the mission field. Elder Raines got transferred from Warsaw to Bydgoszcz on August 20th. His companion is Elder Gladun who is the only native missionary in Poland. They both have their ups and downs and don’t always get along but Michael is making the best of it. It seems like they are having a lot of luck with passing out books and finding people who actually are interested! So that’s good! Sadly he still hasn’t received my package that I sent to him a while ago! (Dunno what’s up with that :/ ) He’s still the same old goofy Michael who always knows what to say to make me laugh, cry, and yell from excitement!

Because our FOUR YEAR dating anniversary is coming up in November, I’ve been looking and thinking back about our relationship. And I’ve come up with the conclusion that honestly, I am sooo lucky that he has stayed with me this long. I’d like those of you who can remember back to when we started dating to think about how mine and Michael’s relationship went. For those of you who can’t remember, I basically I denied that we were officially dating for at least 1 year, even though EVERYONE knew that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I’d always tell people that we were “really good friends”. I’d never let him kiss or hold hands with me in public. Basically PDA was not my thing. I think about it now and I really don’t know why I did any of that… I wasn’t ashamed of him…I didn’t not love him….I think relationships were just so foreign to me that I thought people would not be okay with us dating (Keep in mind, Mike has been my only boyfriend, ever.) but COME ON! How dumb of me is that? I’m sure that if I did that to any other guy that they would have been long gone within the first couple weeks. But not Michael…Nope. He stuck through it with me until I got comfortable enough to think…” WHY IN THE HECK SHOULD I CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME!?” After that it was PDA all the time! haha. Just kidding. Ever since then we’ve still been pretty conservative around people. I decided that I like how our relationship went. Sure, it was different than how a normal relationship goes but HEY! Who’s likes to be normal these days? I realized that I fell in love with my best friend BEFORE I fell in love with my boyfriend. Being physical was never a real factor. His humor is what got me hooked on the MCR train in the first place and that’s what’s still keeping me on today!

At church this week my mother was telling a lady how I was definitely waiting for my missionary. I corrected her in saying that we are just seeing what happens. I don’t really like the term “waiting”. I looked up the definition of waiting, just to see what it said, Waiting=The act of remaining inactive or stationary. Well I am definitely not waiting.

I still have a life.

I do stuff.

I have fun.

I enjoy and make the most of my time away from him.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t love him, because I do, very much! That also doesn’t mean that I’m not counting days or months, because as you can tell I am counting. What it does mean is that I am open to new possibilities and adventures. I know that the Lord has a plan for me. If Michael is his plan for me then great. If someone else is supposed to be my plan then apparently it’s what’s best for me. Mike already told me in the beginning that he is okay with whatever happens as long as I’m happy, hence the reason he did not ask me to wait for him. So basically….yes he’s my boyfriend, no I’m not waiting, but yes I’d love to be here unmarried when he gets home. I really don’t know if this makes any sense at all to anyone but I guess it does to me and to Mike, so that’s all that matters right? Right. Okay sorry! I didn’t mean to get all serious and stuff I just wanted to get that out in the open.

Okay! So thank you to anyone who read this really long, random, and confusing post about…I don’t even know…haha. Anyways….

cieszyć małe rzeczy!

6 comments:

  1. Louise: "Matt have you met Ashlee's special friend Mike?"

    Matt and I still get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee, you seriously amaze me! I love reading your blog because I love how honest you are. I also laugh and remember when you first introduced us as "your friend" a year into the relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was when the two of you came to my house with Matt and Chelsee and Mike introduced himself to us as the guy who worked with Brooke at Old Navy! Ha ha so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think Matt and Chelsee had even met Mike, Ha Ha. I think they got introduced to Mike like 3 years in a row. 5 months down, Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boyfriend ?????......When did that happen? I thought he was "JUST YOUR FRIEND MIKE". Gosh, no one ever tells me anything!!!

      Delete
  5. Remember when you were working at Old Navy, around homecoming or prom or something and I was telling someone that Mike had a super hot girlfriend that he should take out, and you were right there, and I obnoxiously kept going on and on and on and you said "Hey Cassie - shut up." BAHAHAHA! I laugh about that often. Love you Ashalee!

    ReplyDelete