Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Don’t Know About You…

…But I’m totally feeling 22!!!!

Mike has officially been on his mission for 22 months!!! 22/24. That’s 92% done. Gone. Over with.That also means only two more months to go!! Actually less than that…1 month and 3 weeks :) I’m so nervous/excited/happy. I can hardly contain it! Thinking back to when Mike had only been gone 2 months and had 22 months left…I honestly thought that he was never going to come home. That time would just stop and that he would be on his mission forever. That was kind of a silly thing for me to think huh? But guess what? He is coming home… :) And soon.

Every morning I wake up around 4 in the morning and have a little email chat with Elder Raines. It’s honestly so amazing to be able to talk to that kid, and actually have a conversation with him. What makes me even more happy is that it feels like nothing has changed. We still talk and joke the same. It’s still effortless and natural to talk to him. It just makes me smile :) Also, the best part is I still get butterflies when I talk to him.

When I tell people how much time he has left, they always say “Wow that went fast!” Umm…no…no it didn’t. Haha. It has pretty much felt like he’s been gone for 22 months.

The closer it gets to the end, the harder it is not to talk about the future. Our future. We’ve now finally reached the point where there’s really not much left to talk about, except what’s going to happen in less than 2 months. We talk about what we’re going to do together when he gets home, and how excited we are, and that we honestly can’t wait to just be with each other. Oh and play Mario Brothers :) We’ve actually talked about a lot of things and we are very happy with how things are going. And when he gets home we decided that we need to get to know each other again.

Yeah…
We know that we love each other.
We know that we want things to work out.
But…
We also know that things and people can change.
We want to make sure that things are still awesome between us and that we have the same future goals.

I love that kid and honestly I’m not worried about us.
I have so much faith in us.
My favorite quote and the things I’ve lived by for the past 2 years is…
”Things Will Work Out” –Gordon B. Hinckley

Here’s to the last 8 weeks without him……AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Did I seriously just write that!?!?!

:D

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I am seriously freaking out for you!! Can't wait to see you two together :)

    ReplyDelete