Saturday, February 8, 2014

Two years ago…

Exactly two years ago today, my whole world was turned upside down. Reality finally hit me and I knew in only two short months I would have to say “see ya later” to my best friend.

What happened February 8, 2012? Michael Christian Raines got a call from the Lord that he was needed to serve the people of Warsaw, Poland.

I remember that day so vividly…
    All of ours friends and family there.
    Trying to hold back all of the tears that I had been bottling up since Mike told
          me that he was going to serve a mission.
    My brother Brad and Kami meeting Mike’s parents for the first time. Brad farted
         and then walked away so Mike’s parents would think that it was Kami. Haha.
    Jamie giving me a plaque that said, “Missionary: Someone who leaves their family
         for two years so that others may be with their families for Eternity.” And
         just busting up crying.
    Watching my nephews give “Uncle Mike” the biggest hug.
    Keeping to myself a lot of the night because that’s how I needed to deal with the
         realization of him actually leaving.
    Looking through that book with Mike and realizing that we needed to get down to
         business. April 18th would come sooner than I wanted it to…
    Most importantly I remember how happy and excited he was to serve for two
         years of his life to completely strangers. I love him for that.

It’s crazy to think how fast two years actually goes.

Now in only 63 short days he’ll be home <3

Two years ago I will just trying to make the days count. And now, well lets be honest, I’m just counting the days ;)

michaels mission call (5)michaels mission call (11)michaels mission call (13)michaels mission call (15)this one!

I love you so much Michael.
I’ll see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment