Tuesday, November 20, 2012

7 Months <3

Wow! Seven months?? I’m just in shock. I remember thinking that I would never get here.But I have. 7 months... That’s a long time! People have told me that it went by really fast, I would just look at them and say speak for yourself! Haha. But honestly, it has gone by fast. I mean, this year is almost over! That’s ridiculous! Basically I’m just very happy that we’ve made it this far with no problems whatsoever :) We are doing awesome and I love him more and more everyday.

I got a letter yesterday, 2 actually! I was really hoping that one of them was the letter that I did not receive last week but that one is definitely lost :( (The mailman has lost a total of 2 letters from him). Instead, in the second letter was about our anniversary and it also included this cute tag!

anniversary tag

He’s soooo talented. And this probably only took him a minute to do.

His letter was the sweetest thing that I’ve ever read. He brought back memories that had spaced my mind and that letter reassured me of him being the perfect guy for me.

“No matter what I just want you to know that you are one of thee most amazing blessings that I will ever receive in my life! I don’t know what I did to even deserve someone like you! I will work so hard, I will always work hard for the Lord who gave me life and for you who helps me to live it! I love you so much! I always will!” -MCR

Mike, you’re perfect… for me

“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will all for each other…maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.”

-500 Days of Summer

I think you guys will get a kick out of this. So remember that “waiter hater” of mine? If you don’t know what I’m talking about go back and read my post Why You Gotta Be So Mean? Anyways, so now that you understand who this kid is. Today I was at the mall by myself purchasing some Christmas presents. I don’t know how many of you guys do, but I absolutely hate the people at the kiosk places that try to sell you things and force it on you. I always ignore them and try to look the other way so they don’t talk to me. I was walking around minding my own business when someone yells to me, “Hey! Come buy a cinnamon roll!” I usually don’t look but I did and said, “No, thanks.” I kept walking but stopped and did a double take at the kid who yelled at me. I knew him from somewhere and then it hit me, that is Jake. I couldn’t let an opportunity like this pass me by so I walked up to him, and this is how our conversation went…

Ash: “I know you.”

Kid: “You know me?”

Ash: “Uh-huh, you’re Janell’s friend, right?”

Kid: “Yeah…”

Ash: “Well I’m Janell’s best friend. Remember me? The girl with the missionary. The one you said couldn’t make it?”

Kid: “Oh…”

Ash: “Yeah. Well, my missionary and I, we’re still going strong.”

I then proceeded to walk away with my head held high feeling very very proud about myself. You have NO idea how good it felt to tell that kid off. I am normally not the type of person that will confront a person that I barely know but this kid hurt me and he needed to be proven wrong. Missionary girlfriends CAN work out. You know in Iron Man when he walks away from that big explosion? That’s how I felt.

Haha. Okay, it probably wasn’t that epic but it was close ;)

HAPPY 7 MONTHS!!!

2 comments: