Monday, April 1, 2013

A Not-So-Funny April Fools Day

April fools this year happened to land on a Monday. What’s so special about Mondays? Well that’s email day silly! Every Monday I wake up around 7ish and immediately check my phone for an email from Mike’s mom. Michael is only allowed to email one person (his mom) and then she forwards to email to everyone else.

This morning I woke up around…7:30ish to find no email. I just figured that she had not been able to forward it yet. I waited and waited but still nothing. It turns out that Mike didn’t even send an email! That super crazy! I don’t recall even one week where Mike didn’t email us… I’ll admit that I was a little worried at first but after saying a little prayer, I knew that he was okay. I did get an awesome letter that day though :) Favorite quote from him, “Missing you is temporary, loving you is permanent.”

Wednesday morning I woke up to find…4 EMAILS FROM ELDER RAINES!!! WHAT!?! I was so super excited that I had to scream into my pillow! Haha. But I was also confused because…well I thought that I was not allowed to get emails from Mike..?

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ELDER MICHAEL RAINES CAN NOW EMAIL ANYONE!!!!!!!

Hey!! I’m anyone! Which means that Mike can now email ME!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!! Super duper excited!!!! I can now receive my own person email from Mike. It’s so great :) So that also means that if anyone wants to write Mike an email, they can! And he will try his hardest to reply to them. Also, Mike wanted me to tell my family…”They can email me now to reply to my occasional mail! :)” So that’s awesome! He did apologize for the mean April fools joke that he played on us ;) hah.

Okay, so it turns out that on Monday it snowed like a foot in a half all over Poland. It was also a holiday called Smigus-Dyngus which apparently is a day when boys try to drench girls with buckets of water. It is believed that a girl who gets drenched will be married within the year. Haha. That meant that everything was closed in Poland, even the place where Mike goes to email. Hence why he did not email us on Monday. For their P-Day, the missionaries spent the day playing out in the snow! Looks like they had a blast :)

April 1, 2013 (4) april fools day

 

April 1, 2013 (5) april fools day

 

April 1, 2013 (9) april fools day

 

April 1, 2013 (10) april fools day

 

April 1, 2013 (12) april fools day

Mike putting the finishing touches on

April 1, 2013 (13) april fools day

This is “Elder Snow”

No comments:

Post a Comment