Thursday, April 18, 2013

Halfway to Home!

Is this real life? Like seriously…are we really half way done with Mike’s mission? How is that even possible? It seems like just yesterday I was standing in Michael’s driveway waving goodbye as he was driving away, on his way to the MTC.

IMG_0688

 

IMG_0685IMG_0694

 

 

And it seemed like just yesterday that I was crying my eyeballs out…Heartbroken, sad, mascara running down my face, wishing that I could be put in a coma for 2 years.

 

 

 

But one whole year later….

Happy happy happy day!

IMG_3011

You may not be able to tell…but I may be just a wee bit excited!

I’m not used to being “single” (if you will). For 3 1/2 years (my whole high school experience and the year before his mission), Mike was by my side. He was there for the ups and the downs that came with life. However bad it seemed to get, he was always there to make it better. Even though I do miss him like crazy, I feel like I needed these two years to be on my own.I now feel like a strong and independent person. I know that I needed to go through daily life without constantly being with my boyfriend and when I wasn’t with him, texting him every minute of everyday. This has been the hardest year of my life but it has also been the most rewarding. I have learned things that I know will help me with my future.I know that Mike and I need to go through these trials to make us better people. Mike deserves the best, and I need this time to make myself a better woman… for him.

   IMG_0680

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I’ve hugged him…I cannot wait to hug him again

IMG_1350

The last picture taken of the two of us.

Miss that boy

 

1 year   12 months   52 weeks   365 days

+

59 letters     41 emails    3 packages    1 postcard   

1 teddy bear    1 lock of love key

1 jewelry box    2 scarves    More tags than I can count  

2 leaf flowers    2 shirts

Quite a few knick-knacks    2 bags

=

One Elder on a Mission & One happy MG :)

 

Have I really been away from Mike for that long? Sometimes it feels like it’s gone by in the blink of an eye and other times it just feels like it’s been even longer since I’ve been with him. I read from one of my fellow MG’s blog, "do not look at what is left but look at how far you’ve come. Thanks Kota :) I needed to hear that. When I tell people that my missionary has been out 1 year, they look at me and say “You still have a long way to go.” Well yeah…I do. But look how far I’ve come! It’s amazing! :)

IMG_2966

Celebrating the downhill “slide” of his mission!!

I decided that in honor of his one year mark that I would take the giant paper off of “the wall”.

IMG_2984

 

IMG_2989

 

IMG_2991

This is me saying “WHAAAAT??” in a really surprised voice

IMG_2992

 

IMG_2997

He made a giant tag of my name with cute little things written in the circles :)

He’s amazingly adorable

IMG_3001

Cardboard Mike

IMG_3006

Me and my main man (for one more year)

IMG_3007

365 days until Elder Michael Raines returns!!!!

IMG_3009

That’s me!

In only one more year I will be reunited with my best friend in the whole entire world! I can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to that moment. For now, I will enjoy my time without him but you best believe that when he gets home, we will be inseparable :)

I love my missionary! He makes me smile even though he’s half way around the world.

ONE YEAR DOWN! ONE MORE TO GO!

2 comments:

  1. Ok this was the best post ever!! I hear that the last year flies by so let's both hope that! I feel like you are kinda like me in the way that we set our hearts on something and we don't let go!! It's so fun to have another MG that can relate and even though we haven't really met I feel like we know you and it's fun to encourage each other! Anyways that was long but way to go with the wait..you are dominating and you have come a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year woot woot! I'm glad you are using your time away from Mike to better yourself. Atta girl. You should do some travling to the NC while he's gone hint hint:)

    ReplyDelete