Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Baptism In Bydgoszcz

Michael has been teaching a gentleman name Piotr for about 3 months and he made the choice to get baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. I’m so proud of Mike. The awesome thing that he said was…

“When Piotr stepped into the water and I thought, ‘Hey its happening! That is so awesome’. I just felt a massive feeling of relief at that very moment, like I had helped, like we had succeeded this far, we had done it. But then I realized something as well. Piotr did everything. He read the Book of Mormon, he prayed to know that it is true, and he wanted to find out. We just simply showed him the way and filled out some paper work. Haha. It is not always that easy of course, but he was so ready to find the truth and to accept this as such! He really is an amazing guy. He has had so much difficulty during his life and so much pain. But it was all swallowed up in the happiness and joy he felt last Saturday.”

I can see how far Michael has come at being humble. He’s not gloating or anything like that. He’s just happy that he could help show the way for Piotr. I’m really proud of all of Mike’s accomplishments on his mission this far. I fall in love with him more and more every single day that passes.  

December 3, 2012 (9)

Elder Gladun (Mike’s old companion), Elder Raines, Piotr, and Elder Tingey (Mike’s new companion)

December 3, 2012 (10)

Elder Gladun baptized Piotr

Today, Mike has 71 weeks left! We’re almost out of the seventies! I’m really amazed at how fast this is going. Yeah, I still have a long way to go but I’ve also come a long way. I’m proud of myself for that. I honestly can’t explain to you how much I miss Mike. Ya know when you go on vacation and as you are about to leave, you have the feeling like, "oh crap, I forgot something” and it really doesn’t go away. I kinda have that feeling every day. And I know exactly what I’m missing. I’m missing my other half, my better half, my best friend, the person that accepts me for me, knows everything about me and still wants to be with me. I’m lucky to have found him and I cannot picture my life without him, so I don’t. He’s always been there for the past 4 years of my life and even before that. When we stopped dating in 8th grade, he was always in the back of my mind and no matter what I couldn’t get him out. I know that was for a reason.

2+14=16 Forever and Always

I love you <3

1 comment:

  1. Piotr looks like two cool cats combined into one super cool cat!

    ReplyDelete