Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Eight Months!!!!!!!!

Wow. Am I dreaming or something? Cause this day just totally snuck up on me. But man! Am I sure glad that it’s here! 243 days without Mike…that’s impressive! I mean, I know girls that freak out when they haven’t seen their boyfriend for a week. I haven’t seen mine for 34 weeks. It honestly really upsets me when people complain to me about that sort of stuff. I just blankly look at them…I do understand that everyone is going through different things and trials in their life. But come on, you are so talking to the wrong person about how much you miss your boyfriend. End rant. This is a happy time! So many new and exciting things are happening with Elder Raines!

1. He is now on his 4th transfer! He is staying in Bydgoszcz, which I was very much hoping for him to be back in Warsaw, but he is now District Leader! How amazing is that?? He’s so incredible. New missionaries arrived to Poland today and he will be training one of them as a  senior companion! He is super excited and so am I! He will find out tomorrow who his companion will be for the next 9 weeks. I always pray that he will get someone that he will get along with and be successful.

2. What is in exactly one week from today? CHRISTMAS!!!!!! What does that mean? PHONE CALL FROM MY ELDER!!!!!!! How excited am I? SUPER DUPER EXTREMLELY EXCITED TIMES 12!!!!!!! It’s been 6 months since I have heard his voice. Before he left, a phone call to him was simple and nothing super special. Now…now it’s the best present that I could ever ask for. I can’t wait to hear his voice…his laugh…his amazing Polish…how crappy his English skills have gotten haha…and I can’t wait to tell him that I love him and hear him say it back. I’m crying even thinking about it…One thing that I’ve learned from this experience this far is don’t take the people you love for granted. It’s so true that you never know what you have until it’s gone.

3. Mike has sent a Christmas package home, it sadly hasn’t arrived yet…but I can’t wait to see all the cool little Polish things that he’s sent to everyone!!

I can’t explain to you how tough this time of year is without him. Being around my family and his family…I love them both but I kinda always feel like something is missing. Like something isn’t right and that I am out of place. I’m not trying to make anyone feel bad or sad, there’s really nothing you can do about it. Unless you have a time machine that can take me to the day he gets home. That’d be GREAT! So if anyone has one, you should share it with me… Thanks ;) I love and miss Mike like mad! We both agree that we do not like seeing couples…It makes me jealous and sad. It’s hard wanting something so much but (for now) it’s out of reach.

Even though it sucks having him gone, looking at these pictures and seeing his happy, smiling, and dorky self makes everything worth it :)

I LOVE MY ELDER! 8 MONTHS DOWN, 16 TO GO!

December 3, 2012 (2)

I love this picture of him!

December 3, 2012 (3)

 

December 3, 2012 (6)

 

December 3, 2012 (7)

 

December 3, 2012 (8)

 

December 10, 2012 (1)

He got the Christmas pajamas!

December 10, 2012 (2)

 

December 10, 2012 (3) with elder tingey

Brr!! It finally snowed!

December 17, 2012

Mike’s new scarf that he has name “The Dark Knight”. I think he might be in Batman withdrawal ;)

DSC_3766

Teaching a lesson

December 3, 2012 (1)

Have a nice day :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee!! You made me feel way better that I am not the only one that cries just thinking about talking to him on Christmas...so happy :) 8 months though girl that is AWESOME!! You are 1/3 done!! Also I am glad to know that my missionary is not the only one who's English skills have become terrible haha I am scared to see what 2 years will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It is really great to have someone that I can relate to so much! Thanks for all your support! Honestly, I think that we might have to reteach our missionary's English. Haha.

    ReplyDelete