Wednesday, December 26, 2012

“Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal”

This Christmas started out different that any Christmas morning that I’ve ever had. This was my very first Christmas as the only child still living at home with my parents. As of August, all my siblings are now married. It was very different to wake up and not have my brother Brad opening presents with me.
IMG_0429

IMG_0430
Purple pants! Thanks Santa!
IMG_0431

IMG_0432

IMG_0434
My 2 girls-Roxy and Sadie
IMG_0435
Roxy helped me open up my presents from Santa :) haha
IMG_0439
Dorky dog
IMG_0441
Sadie loves her new bed!
IMG_0442
And she got a little yummy treat!
IMG_0443
White Christmas!
Right after getting ready to the day, I headed over to the Raines because Christmas day means a phone call from Mike! I did the smart thing and didn’t put on any make up because I knew that there would be water works at some point. Haha. Once I got to the Raines I gave everyone their presents that came in Mike’s surprise package. Everyone loved their gifts :) Right at 11 a.m. Susan was in the process of dialing the number to call Elder Raines when she had an incoming phone call. She answered it and it happened to be the family that he was spending Christmas with. Apparently Mike was getting super nervous that we had somehow forgotten to call him! Haha. I mean, it was barely 11! Where is that boys patience? ;) Just kidding. Susan then proceeded to call the number and it said that the number couldn’t be completed as dialed. We spent about 10 minutes (precious minutes) just trying to get that stupid number to work. Sadly we couldn’t get it to work! But don’t worry! The wonderful family that Mike was spending Christmas with let Mike use their phone and he called us! Hearing his voice was priceless. He sounds exactly the same! :) That was honestly the best Christmas present that I have ever received :) We talked as a family on speaker phone to him for 47 minutes. Best 47 minutes ever! He spoke some amazing Polish, and told me the sweetest thing ever "We are made for each other”. It was absolutely amazing to hear his voice. The hardest part was saying goodbye to him. I probably haven’t cried that hard since the day that he left. It was a bitter sweet moment. Sadly, we did not get to Skype with him. I’m not sure why a lot of missionaries got to Skype with their family, but I am grateful for what I did have with my missionary. :) I love him with my whole heart <3
IMG_2683

IMG_2684

After spending most of the morning with the Raines I headed over to my Grandma’s for some lunch and Christmas fun with my fam!
IMG_0448
Cousin love
IMG_0455
Playing Sean’s new 3DS
IMG_0456

IMG_0459
Helping Grandma Great open her present
IMG_0460
Me, Brad and Kami
IMG_0461
How many hot tamales can you fit into your mouth?
IMG_0472
My Aunts, Uncles, Grandma and Parents
IMG_0475
My 2 favorite cousins!
IMG_0476
The only girl grandchildren
IMG_0478
Love this lady!
IMG_0481
Aunt Barbara, Grandma, Mom and Aunt Penny
IMG_0482
Christmas nap
IMG_0486

IMG_0487

IMG_0488

IMG_0489

IMG_0490
Chelsee and Scout :)
It was a great Christmas with fantastic memories that I will cherish forever! Thanks for all of those who helped make it so great!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment