Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hawaii-Day 1: Let the Vacation Begin

Who has the best parents in the world? Yeah. This girl. Seriously. Story Time:

At the beginning of the year my parents were telling me about all of the trips that my dad would be going on for his work.Usually about once a month my dad travels to different places for work. They started explaining to me that my mom would be going with my dad for a couple of those trips. First, a trip to Canada. Second, a trip to Hawaii. What!? Hawaii!? I want to go to Hawaii. And I told them that. They just laughed at me and told me that when I fork up the money that I can go. Uh…never mind, I don’t want to go to Hawaii… My plan was to casually drop hints every so often about them talking me to Hawaii. It didn’t seem to be getting me anywhere. Until…in April my parents sat me down and told me that they had decided to take me to Hawaii with them!!!!!!!!! I totally did not see that coming! I was so super excited! We were going in August so I had to wait another 4 months (waiting… I’m basically pro at that). Finally August rolled around and it was time to start our vacation! My dad flew over there on Monday the 12th for work so my mom and I stayed behind and left the 14th. There are so many perks to being the youngest Snider child, this one has to be one of the bests :)

Tuesday night we took my pups over to my sisters house, I’ve said this before but I hate saying bye to my doggies. Wednesday morning my sister took us to airport at 9, our flight left at 11 and with the time difference we arrived in Hawaii at 2.

IMG_3544

Excited for Hawaii!

IMG_0002

3 hours down, 3 more to go

IMG_3548

After a 6 hour flight we finally made it to Oahu!!

IMG_0318

Our awesome hotel

After relaxing in the hotel for a little bit, we decided to walk around and explore around the hotel

IMG_0320

A cool canoe thing inside the hotel

IMG_0321

IMG_0324

Complimentary flowers for your hair

IMG_0327

This place is so pretty

IMG_0331

The swimming pool

IMG_0328

Palm tree love <3

IMG_0333

Beach front hotel

IMG_0338

I’m already in love with Hawaii

Then we headed over to a restaurant to meet some people from my dads work and have dinner with them. I didn’t mind the 15 minute walk because the whole way was beautiful.

IMG_0343

IMG_0348

IMG_0368

We ate at this restaurant called Monkey Pod which was delicious! I had fish and chips but for an appetizer someone ordered us this sampler plate of shrimp, tuna and octopus…bleh.. Not a fan of uncooked seafood. But I did try them all and basically hated them all. Haha.

IMG_0369

IMG_0370

The gross octopus

By the time 7:00 rolls around I am exhausted because with the time difference it was 11:00 pm in Utah. I almost fell asleep while waiting for my food. We were at the restaurant till about 8:30-9ish (my body thought it was 1 am). We went home and went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment