Thursday, October 18, 2012

6 MONTHS!!!!!!! <3

OH MY GOSH I’M FREAKING OUT!!!! I honestly can’t believe that I’m writing this…6 months. Wow, just…WOW! SIX!!! I woke up this morning with my heart just beating out of my chest. I was soooo excited! I couldn’t stop smiling! I seriously feel like a little kid on Christmas! I’m so happy and proud of myself but I’m even more proud of my missionary. I can’t say that enough. I’m SO proud of Michael. He’s the most amazing person ever.

This was me today :):)

 

Snapshot_20121018_8

In honor of his six months, I wore the Poland shirt he sent me for my birthday!

Having Mike gone is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be…I seriously never thought I’d say that though. I really expected myself to be depressed all of the time and not wanting to do anything and basically crying myself to sleep every night. That’s not the case at all. Not even close! I’m soooo happy! I’ve started to hang out with my best friend since 8th grade, Janell Snarr. She’s an amazing friend and I’m so glad that even though we didn’t spend time together or even talk for what felt like years, nothing has changed between us. Nothing! We are exactly the same with each other, I can still tell her every little feeling that I have and know that there is no judgment. I’m still staying busy with school, work, family, Mike’s family, friends, being an MG and just enjoy “single” life (if you know what I mean). I have not dated anyone since Mike’s been gone, and for now I think that’s how it’s supposed to be. The time might come where it is the right time to date, maybe it won’t, I dunno…only time will tell. One other thing that I wanted to mention was about the missionary age changing. I’m not planning on going on a mission. It’s just not right for me. I’ve really never had a desire to go and I think that’s for a reason. That’s not a bad thing though. When they first announced the age change my Facebook blew up with girls saying that their going on a mission and are going to be turning in their papers soon. All of my girlfriends are going and honestly, it made me feel kind of worthless. I would think, why do I not have a desire to go? Am I not good enough? That’s something that I should have never let cross my mind. Just because I don’t want to go on a mission doesn’t mean that I’m a bad person. God has a different, specific, and special plan for everyone. I am so grateful for that. God knows me personally and I know that everything works out in the end how it is supposed to. I'd like to end with saying that Mike has been the most amazing missionary. He is working SO hard everyday but he still makes time to write me every single week. He is putting in the extra effort to serve the Lord but also love me at the same time. And I love him so much for it :)

IMG_2495

I remember before Mike left, he told me that he didn’t want me to have a countdown like this because he thought that it would just discourage me but it does the complete opposite! This thing motivates me! It gives me something to shoot for. This is what six months looks like. It was thee most amazing feeling putting that “6 months” sticker on the bottom. I jumped for joy and may have let out a girlish scream ;)

Have a mentioned the words “six” and “months” enough? Haha.

I’m grateful to have Michael in my life. Some people might think that I’m crazy to think that I’m completely and totally in love at the age of 20. But I am. I love Michael C. Raines! With all of my heart! I’m looking forward to the next year and a half and all of the adventures it has in store for me! I’m also really glad that he still has his humor. Haha!

“I am now a sister missionary and I will be home.”

                                          -Elder Raines

2 comments:

  1. Scout enjoyed that video. Ash you must read The Phantom Tollbooth it's one of my favorites. I re-read it a few years ago then gave it as Christmas presents to some friends it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY :) I am so excited for you! I was really glad to read your opinion on the missionary age thing because I feel exactly like you did! Only 18 months left...you are doing it :)

    ReplyDelete