Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October!?

Wow! I seriously can’t believe that it’s October. It blows my mind. I have been looking forward to this month for a very very long time. This is for a couple of reasons…

1. I TURN TWENTY!!!! No more teen years! I am almost officially an adult. (October 7th just in case any of you guys wanna like get me a little present or a car or something cool ;) )

2. THIS MONTH IS MIKE’S SIXTH (yes, 6!) MONTH GONE MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’re almost 1/4 of the way done! I cannot wait!!!

3. I get really awesome things from “the wall” for both occasions! (at least I think I do ;))

4. It’s becoming jacket wearing weather :) Which I LOVE!

Basically, I’m just so looking forward to this month!

September 17, 2012 1 with elder harris

Elder Harris and Elder Raines on exchange

September 17, 2012 4 everyone at manekin

Everyone in his district out to eat. In the back: Elder Gladun (Mike’s companion and the Zone Leader) and Elder Gudnason (District Leader). In the front: Super cute kid (Starszy Raines) and Elder Weir (Cool kid that Mike really likes)

September 17, 2012 5 snickers crepe

Mike likes to send us pictures of his food. This is what he got at the restaurant, a Snickers crepe! Maybe I should start sending him pictures of my food…

September 24, 2012 6 with elder weir

P-Day! Writing some letters and enjoy a beautiful day

September 17, 2012 3 cool guy that balances

This is the cool balancing statue crossing the river

October 1, 2012 (2) with gudnason, gladun and weir

The whole gang again. Gudnason, Gladun, Weir, Raines! :)

October 1, 2012 (3) with weir

Elder Weir go on a lot of transfers together since both of their companions are zone/district leaders.

October 1, 2012 (5) with weir

Mike told me that Elder Weir also has a girlfriend and I really would like to find her since we do have a lot in common.

October 1, 2012 (6)

At least he still brushes his teeth, right?

September 24, 2012 4 bridge with the locks of love

The bridge with locks of love! <3

September 24, 2012 8 cool church

Really pretty church

September 17, 2012 2 sweet graffiti

Wicked Polish graffiti

Mike and his companion have really been working hard to get along. I just think that they have different personalities since they grew up in different countries. I really hope that things work out for them. I mean, I think that Mike gets along with everyone he meets, any objections to that? No? So, really it’s his companions fault ;) Just kidding. But there is only about 2 more weeks left in this transfer, which I think Mike is really looking forward to. Weather is getting really cold and he is now required to wear a suit until April 1st! Geez! Good luck with winter Michael! So good news! They baptized some kids a few weeks ago! They were foster kids in a Mormon home so they were taught the lessons by other missionaries and then transfers came. Mike got moved to their area and became their missionary. Elder Gladun and Mike were the missionaries for their baptism and now they teach them all the lessons over to make sure they have everything. He loves teaching kids and hopefully he gets my package soon because I put some little CTR rings in there for any little kids that would like them :) These kids would be perfect!

I just want to share the ending of my letter that I received on Saturday because I can’t keep all of the cute things that he says to me to myself…

“Well I want you to know that I love you. You are an AMAZING!!!! girl. And you mean the world to me. I pray that everything is okay in your life! I really miss you but when I work my hardest the time flies. And that’s good. Remember, you always have me. No matter how far apart we are, I promise! You are awesome and beautiful!! I don’t know what life would be like without you in it. I don’t really care to find out either.

LOVE YOU ASHLEE SNIDER!”

I could read that paragraph over and over and over again, and still get the same amount of joy from it each time. Mike never really put in my letters personally that he misses me. It’s not something that needs to be written on paper for me to know that he does miss me. But in this letter he did write it. Oh man! That started up the water works. I just love him. How can I have a missionary out and still be strong? Go read that last paragraph again…..THAT’S HOW! This little paragraph is something that every girl wants to hear from a guy. I’m lucky enough to have had a guy like this for 3 years and 11 months.

IMG_2244

Haha. Yeah right, I wish I could do that. 1 year and 7 months until our next kiss!

M + A = FOREVER

2 comments:

  1. Oh please send him food pics. I love taking pic of beautiful food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures, that locks of love bridge is super cool! You are so right, I cried reading what he wrote to you, what a great guy you have! Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete