Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Girls Trip!

A couple months ago Mike’s sister, Misty, brought up that her and I should go on vacation. I said heck yeah, that’d be fun! We were thinking of going to California but we just decided on St. George instead because she had never really stayed there and it’s one of my favorite places! A month ago we planned our trip, got our hotels booked and got tickets for Tuacahn. We were set! Now all we had to do is wait…not like I’m not used to that. It came pretty fast though! The night before my dad bet me $5 that we would not leave at 9 a.m. I took that bet!

Friday morning we left at 9:30…So yes I did lose the bet with my father and I owe him 5 bucks. Anyways, today we spent the day driving and got there around 2. Once we had settled into our room, we put on our swimming suits and headed down to the pool to lay out. By five thirty we had to leave to make it to dinner and the show.

girl trip mobile 8

Let the Girls Trip BEGIN!!

girl trip! (2)

The red rocks all around St. George are my favorite :)

girl trip! (5)

Eating dinner at the Tuacahn Theater

girl trip! (9)

The pre-show entertainment, Jean’s Golden Girls! They are a group of women ages 55 to 92. It was riot. These women could dance better than me!

girl trip! (6)

Pre-show entertainment: A guy and an adorable little kid dancing to “Sexy and I Know It”

girl trip! (11)

First night= ALADDIN!

girl trip! (12)

 

girl trip! (14)

 

girl trip! (15)

Aladdin stairs

girl trip! (18)

Hairspray poster (we’re seeing that tomorrow night)

girl trip! (19)

 

girl trip! (20)

Working our sahweet 3D glasses!

girl trip! (21)

 

girl trip! (22)

 

girl trip! (23)

 

girl trip mobile 7

Bein’ a nerd

girl trip mobile 6

They announced that after Aladdin, they would be showing The Avengers in 3D! We were totally planning on staying and watching it but we just got so dang tired by the time Aladdin was over that we went home and crashed.

Saturday was our day of relaxing! We started off the day by waking up at 9, getting some clothes on, eating breakfast at the hotel and then heading off to the spa! :) We both had a massage, facial and pedicure. Oh man, I might now be addicted to facials. It was my first one ever and it better not be my last! Everything else was fabulous as well. Following that little piece of heaven, we ate then shopped till we dropped! We shopped at the outlet mall and I spent way too much on clothes that I really didn’t need but hey! They’re cute and I like to spoil myself. We searched for a redbox and finally found one at a Maverick. We watched “The Lucky One” mostly because of Zac Efron :) until we had to leave for the Hairspray play. Hairspray was hilarious. I absolutely loved it. If I had to pick out of the two of them, I’d pick this one. When we got home we watched our other redbox movie, “What to Expect when you’re Expecting” super super funny.

girl trip! (26)

In the relaxation room waiting for our turn

girl trip! (27)

What time is it? It’s time for lunch!

girl trip mobile 5

And nothing is better than Café Rio’s chicken salad and…

girls trip phone 5

pork salad! YUM!

girl trip! (30)

Hairspray time!

girl trip mobile 3

 

girl trip! (31)

Rocking the double glasses!

Sunday we traveled to Zion National Park. Spent time at the hotel and did a little shopping. Then went on a couple easy hikes.

girl trip! (33)

This lady had a little dog on the back of her scooter. So funny!

girl trip! (36)

Waiting for the shuttle

girl trip! (38)

Climbing on some rocks

girl trip! (42)

 

girl trip! (44)

 

girl trip! (45)

The beginning of The Narrows (my favorite hike!)

girl trip! (48)

We made it!

girl trip! (49)

 

girl trip! (50)

SQUIRREL!

girl trip! (53)

 

girl trip! (54)

 

girl trip! (55)

 

girl trip! (56)

 

girl trip! (64)

This deer would not get off of the path

girl trip! (61)

MOVE DEER!

girl trip! (70)

 

girl trip! (72)

This shirt sooo reminded me of Sean!

girl trip! (73)

SNACKS!

girl trip! (74)

MORE SNACKS!

girls trip (77)

What Misty spent her free time doing :) Oh Dawson’s Creek…

Monday check out was at 11 so we got up and got out of there by 10:30, went to the store, I bought shirts for my nephews, my dad, myself and then an owl necklace for my mom. Misty bought some fudge for her parents. We drove home and then I put Misty back to work with a root touch up on my hair.

girls trip (79)

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

IMG_2242

Back home to cardboard Mike :)

Thanks Misty for a fantastic girls trip with memories that I will never forget! I had a blast!! :) LOVE YA GIRL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! looks like you had a blast. Maybe one year I'll be invited on a girls trip to St. George with you, since the 2 times you have had a girls trip I have never been invited, jerk!! j/k

    ReplyDelete